Our 2018 programme
The 2018 IYM programme will be held on 8 - 13 July, during the school holidays. Students will stay at Silverstream Retreat, Lower Hutt and travel each day to a variety of technology businesses, research institutes and tertiary education providers in the Wellington region.
Participants will experience a range of technologies through hands-on activities and be inspired by other women who have built careers and businesses in the technology and innovation sector. These women are leaders in a range of science and technology fields and are passionate about their careers in the sector.
Here are just a few of the highlights of the 2018 programme that we are excited about!
- Learn about Antarctic ice cores and get up close and personal with an electron scanning microscope at Victoria University
- Experience cutting-edge virtual reality technologies at the new Te Auaha Institute of Creativity
- Play fossil detective, learn about fabric forensics, and make your own ice cream using liquid nitrogen at GNS Science
- Explore the chemistry behind new 'smart' paint that can switch on lights, and help test used plastic bottles being turned into brand new food containers
- Visit Parliament for a networking reception with some of New Zealand's leading scientists, innovators and politicians
The full 2018 programme will be available soon, so check back for more details.
The cost to students is $120. The balance of the program costs are covered by the program sponsors.
- Feb 27: Programme launch and applications open
- May 4: Closing date for applications
- June 8: Applicants notified if accepted
- July 8: Programme start
- July 13: Programme end